- Design, implement and maintain our Kubernetes infrastructure on AWS in a small team
- Secure our infrastructure and applications in Amazon Web Services (AWS), leveraging automation and best practices
- Secure our Software Development Life-Cycle by participating in and improving security-related phases of the cycle
- Maintain an understanding of the latest Cybersecurity threats and implement best practices for protection
- Support and contribute to internal security policies and processes to ensure a secure IT and work environment
- You work closely with our engineers and help them understand how to use Kubernetes, AWS and related technologies
- You're taking responsibility for keeping our infrastructure running and are willing to be part of an on-call rotation
Your ideal background and skillset
- You have experience running distributed production systems
- Strong experience with containerized environments (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Strong experience with AWS Cloud
- You have software development experience (ideally in Python or GO)
- You have hands-on experience with IaaC, preferably Terraform
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration (CI) tools.
- Strong experience implementing security monitoring, logging, and alerting.
- Experience running and automating vulnerability scanning systems (Twistlock) is a Plus
What you can expect from us:
- Opportunity to work for one of the fast-rising InsurTech Startups in Europe
- Culture of diversity and creativity with smart people who take pride in what they do
- We offer an open and friendly working environment with 30 vacation days and a flexible home office policy
- Our development ecosystem comprises a state-of-the-art technology stack, with microservices architecture and the latest cloud technologies
- We have an office in central Berlin with fresh fruits, drinks, great coffee and much more
- Lastly, the choice to individualize your benefits package is yours: Get a free BVG ticket, an Urban Sports Club M membership, or an attractive subsidy to your lunch!
This role is ideal for you if:
For us to disrupt the insurance industry, our team has gained years of experience as entrepreneurs, insurance experts, and senior technologists. For this, we need the best IT talents that value state-of-the-art technologies and love good code.
Working behind the scenes, you are responsible for enabling our development teams by maintaining and scaling parts of our infrastructure while focusing on overall systems like Kubernetes. You will work collaboratively across the breadth of FRIDAY’s engineering teams.